Associate Board of Directors
Springboard to Success(S2S) is pleased to announce the launch of an Associate Board of Directors! We are looking for young professionals, age 25-35, who are eager to give back to their community, connect with peers, and learn about philanthropy in Chicago.
S2S supports programs and partners that propel Chicago Housing Authority residents on their pathways to academic success, economic stability, and independence. It is our vision that youth currently living in CHA households achieve housing stability as an adult without the requirement of a housing subsidy.
Learn More at The Associate Board Member Networking Mixer!
Join us to learn more about this exciting opportunity:
333 S Wabash Ave, 2nd Floor
March 5th 2020
To RSVP for the event or stay connected about the Associate Board click the RSVP Here button.
With the institution of an Associate Board, Springboard to Success(S2S) will encourage young professionals to share resources, time, and talent to provide leadership and raise funds in support of our organization and its mission. The Associate Board’s objective is to support the overall mission and activities of S2S by acting as ambassadors for the organization, introducing the organization to new potential supporters, and raising funds via events and social media campaigns targeted at young professionals. The chance to serve on the Associate Board is an excellent professional development opportunity.
▪ Prepare for, attend and actively participate in quarterly board meetings and applicable ad hoc meetings.
▪ Serve a term of 2 years.
▪ Commitment to the S2S mission.
▪ Familiarize self with programs, services and communications messages in order to articulate them to their community.
▪ Contribute skills, expertise, knowledge and experience.
▪ Work with staff members to establish an Associate Board annual fundraising plan that may incorporate appropriate vehicles such as events, direct e-mail and crowdfunding.
▪ Actively support the fundraising activities of the organization and contribute a personally meaningful annual gift.
▪ Serve as advocates and ambassadors for S2S and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for S2S to advance its mission.
▪ Attend and invite guests to Associate Board hosted fundraising events.
▪ Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve S2S’ mission.
▪ Identify individuals as prospects for service on the Board or Associate Board.
▪ Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters related to the S2S.
• Fulfill commitments within agreed-upon deadlines.
Associate Board Member Requirements